Monday, June 1, 2009

Too Early to be Alive....

Workout Length: 1 hr 20 min
Calories Burned: 1050

I slept terribly last night. I tried to go to bed at 11:00, but didn't end up falling asleep until 1 am. I remember looking at the clock at 12:40, still wide awake, and then a bit after that I finally drifted off. I woke up three or four times during the night, when finally the alarm went off at 4:50 am.

To state the obvious: that's really early.

I threw on my gym clothes and rushed to the gym. We had decided that anyone who is late has to do 30 pushups, haha! I got there at 5:29:55! Thank goodness.

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill... speed 3.5 incline 3-8. I'd have gone longer but that was just our warm up. I considered hopping back on after our workout but decided I'll save my energy and exercise again this evening!

TODAYS WORKOUT:

Squats with vertical pole - 10 slow, 10 fast, 10 second hold. (3 sets)
Stiff leg deadlift with bent over row - 10 reps each, (3 sets)
Barbell curls with shoulder press - 21 reps/10 reps (3 sets)
Vertical bar french press w/squats - 10 reps each (3 sets)
Wall push ups - 20 reps (3 sets)
Lunges with vertical bar, knee raises - 10 reps each (3 sets)

On the mat - 10 reps and 3 sets each

Basic Crunches
Crunches w/one knee up
Crunches w/ one knee in/out

Switch legs and do it again

Crunches w/both knees up
Upper and lower abs together
Basic Crunches

10 minute full body stretch

I was home and showered and totally finished by 7:30 am. It's weird this early in the morning... I can't call anyone to chat, I can't run my errands... I'm almost thinking I may go back to bed! haha. I plan to do some more cardio this evening, probably just light though - like a walk around the harbour or something.

I am going to have trouble spreading my points over the course of the day, considering it's 9 am and I've already had breakfast and a snack! I'll have to pick up tons of veggies so that I've got 0 point snacks throughout the day.

I may write more later... I'm in desperate need of a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment