Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Lurve the Elliptical

Workout Length: 65 minutes
Calories Burned: 1089

I forgot how much I love the elliptical! When I was going to the gym religiously a few years ago, I loved the elliptical trainer. It was my favourite machine. I got on one today for the first time in months and the romance was rekindled...

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and had to pee but I was so achy and so sore that I could barely roll out of bed. While I was in there I took two extra strength Tylenol. I never take painkillers - maybe once or twice per year - so that says a lot about how sore I was. I woke up feeling a bit better, the sleep really helped.

I did 60 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minute cool down, and I wanted to keep going but decided instead that I'll get some more exercise this evening. An hour at a time is plenty! Later this evening I'll walk outdoors.

I haven't been following The Biggest Loser meal plan very closely. Instead I'm continuing to do Weight Watchers. BL follows the same structure I do: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack. They have meat at ever dinner so I've been doing my own vegan WW friendly dinners instead... still ensuring I get the carbs and protein that they want me to. They have some good ideas for snacks, which I have actually been following because it's a nice break from the regular baby-carrots-and-apples rut I've been in.

Oh and... I weighed myself this morning and I was down 4 lbs... AWESOME... 4 lbs in 3 days? wow. I will check myself every 3-4 days just to make sure I'm on track... this IS a competition after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment