Sunday, May 31, 2009

Group Workout Numero Uno!!

Workout Length: 1 h 17 mins
Calories Burned: 1203 (45% fat)

(I actually started the watch about 10 minutes late, so it's actually more than that)

I feel FANTASTIC!
That was awesome, and the endorphins have totally kicked in. I feel amazing!

We met with our teams, we met with our trainer. I'm really excited about my team, they seem pretty motivated and most of us have lots of weight to lose. Also, we have one guy who is SUPER high energy. During our work outs he kept pep-talking us... "C'mon! Keep it up! Let's go!" It was really helpful. I felt really enthusiastic and did really well on the work out. Awesome :)

Our first group workout:

Walk to a park, about 10 minutes away.
As a group, we did 3 sets of squats, crunches, push ups, and leg lifts.

Then we split into our teams and did an obstacle course:

Station One: Soccer. We had to line up and kick the ball at the goal, and everyone on the team had to score two goals before we could move on. When done we ran to the back of the line. After that we split in half and played a game against each other. It was really intense, I forgot how much running is involved in soccer! I didn't score a goal, but I did run pretty much non-stop. My heart rate was up the whole time and I was sweating like crazy! One woman on our team pulled a muscle, which is unfortunate.

Station Two: We had to walk briskly around the field three times with a balance ball held up over our heads. This was harder than it sounds... keeping your arms up like that is hard work! One girl actually fell over and hyperventalated, so we took a little break while she gathered herself. It was intense.

Station Three: Tug of war. My team won!

Station Four: We had to do 10 push ups, run across the field, do 10 more push ups, and run back.... three times. I came in second on my team! I am in better shape than I thought. hahah

Station Five: Same sort of deal as four, but different. We take turns running over to a tub full of tennis balls, pick one up and ran back. Our team then had to perform what ever the ball had written on it... "push ups" or "squats" or "crunches" or whatever. It was great.

Then we did the 10 minute walk back to the gym.

I was sweating like crazy but loved every single second of it! My sore ankle didn't give me any trouble, and I've been in such a great mood all night! I'm actually EXCITED for tomorrow. The thought of waking up at 5am almost deterred me from joining, but now I can't wait for morning!

I came home and ate quite a bit. I ate some mixed nuts, a granola bar, a couscous stuffed pepper, some cucumber and some watermelon. I also tried one of the protein drinks I bought this afternoon. It isn't terrible. It's certainly not amazing tasting, but it's bearable. I think I'll have one each morning and each evening... that's 40g of protein of 140 required for the program. I've found a few mock-meats hiding in the back of my freezer that are worth 20-30g of protein per serving. Not shabby! I don't really like eating processed foods, but if I maintain an otherwise whole-food diet, a few mock-meats here and there will be okay.

I'm excited about tomorrow. I'll log my food, my calories burned, etc... and post when I get home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment