Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday WI

I just posted this on the WW message board. Instead of re-articulating my thoughts, here is a cross post:

- 0, Stayed the same!

I was very disappointed at first, but I feel much better about it now. I've had some time to think and I decided to take the advice that I always give people who are down about STS. I didn't gain, I maintained. I had a huge loss last week and a fairly hectic week food and exercise wise. I am happy to have maintained.

I am still down 8lbs in 2 weeks, which is great. My clothes are already feeling better and I've received 4 compliments in the last three days. I am looking at the positives!

It is so easy to become a slave to the number on the scale and I don't want to do it anymore. This journey is so much more enjoyable when we're focussed on the positive, including NSVs.

I'm going to divorce my home scale this week and just focus on eating right, following the plan, and exercising the best I can. If I keep up a healthy lifestyle the weight WILL come off.

~ H


I was really choked when I didn't lose, but the gym owner came and gave us an awesome pep talk. I'm feeling so much better now. Our work out was great, I pushed myself that extra bit. I feel stronger; push ups and sit ups are getting easier. My thighs feel harder to the touch. I feel like I look great in the mirror when I'm working out.

In the last three days I have had a handful of compliments. I got a FB msg from a friend saying that "you look great in your pics, whatever you're doing - it's working!" I had an ex co-worker squeal "You're looking skinny!" when I ran into her. I had an old high friend tell me "You look great!" and - my mom and dad gave me a hug on my birthday and exclaimed "There's nothing left to hug!"

So, I can't been too upset the scale didn't move :)

No comments:

Post a Comment