Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hot Yoga & the Miracle WI

This week has been a very long, hard, stressful week. My blog has maintined silence. The message boards have seen little of me. The gym? I forget what it looks like on the inside.

I have been in my teaching practicum with a very demanding sponsor, so I am in class on my feet all day, then home and marking/lesson planning at night, with no time to even DREAM about my expensive fitness bootcamp that I was missing.

Absence makes the heart go fonder, that's for sure. I miss the gym!!

Between the fact that I was stressed, I hadn't been to the gym in 4 days, I'd been eating salty post-Halloween pumpkin seeds, and it's just before my period - The scale was showing me UP... a LOT.

I knew it was mostly water retention, but it still sucked.

Last night I went to Mokesha Hot Yoga. I hadn't been in over a year and I forgot how much I love it!! Anyways - I weighed myself before I went, and I weighed myself when I got home...

a difference of 5 POUNDS! I sweated out 5 freaking pounds in one hour. It was glorious... I practically squealed on the scale!

I weighed myself this morning after a 10 hour sleep, and I was down to my lowest weight. Ever. Another 3 lbs gone in my sleep.

I think between salty foods, lack of exercise, stress, lack of sleep, and PMS, I was holding ALLLLLL that water in my body. I could feel it, too. A really great sweating session and a good night sleep FIXED it! I don't feel heavy anymore!

I may have to sign up for a weekly hot yoga session... perhaps on the day before (or of?) weigh in?? haha.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome possum!

    Hmm, I have to look into this hot yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard many great things about hot yoga, the fact that you sweated off all of that water is awesome. Look forward to hearing about another great weigh in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete